Everyone is always trying to get rich, and they all flock to the latest book, or video, or course on how to get rich on the internet, or by flipping houses, selling million dollar property, whatever.
The problem here lies that everyone (and I do include myself in this 100%) is always trying to find the next wave to ride, instead of having a clear vision.
9 Tips To Achieve Your Goals And Get Rich
- Have a goal. Most people have no goal. If you have no goal, how will you know what you are striving towards.
- Have a plan. Without a clear plan to reach your goal, you will never achieve it. You must be extremely clear with your plan. Your plan will change over time, but it is very important that you understand your plan.
- Vision. You must clearly see your goal. Arnold Schwarzenegger said he was sure of becoming a bodybuilding champion because he could clearly SEE himself on stage winning first place. He could clearly SEE himself becoming one of the biggest movie stars. You must be able to visualize your goal. See yourself becoming successful.
- Action. To succeed at any goal you have to take MASSIVE ACTION! It is far better to play basketball and learn than it is to read about basketball. Dont spend ALL of your time preparing and reading books. Define a plan, and execute. Then learn from your successes and failures.
- Mentors. This is an extremely important step. It is like having a Sherpa for a mountain climbing expedition. Your mentors will give you critical advice that will help you reach your current goals and set bigger ones. They will also assure you that you are on the right path in times of doubt. Remember that you should always have MULTIPLE mentors and that these can be people that you just ask a question or two every once in a while. You do not have to reach out and ask them to physically become your mentor. If you do ask someone to become your mentor, remember that you must be willing to give them something of value in return (time, money, referral, contact, information, etc). Something of value.
- People. You are a product of your environment. You are most like the 5 people you spend most of your time with. To ensure success, make sure you are surrounded by successful, positive people who can help you achieve your goal. Dont listen to the naysayers.
- Analyze. Analyze what works and what does not work. You must analyze your plan and adapt. Do more of what works, none of what doesnt and try out new strategies and angles to succeed.
- Fail. Dont be afraid to fail. The biggest obstacle to success is not wanting to fail. The faster you fail, learn, and get back up, the faster you will succeed. Dont be afraid to fail.
- Believe. You must be very clear in your mind that you will succeed despite the fact that you are failing at certain parts along the way. This is why it is important to have a well defined goal and plan. If you get discouraged, you can look at the plan, and analyze what parts are working and what parts need to be changed in order to reach your goal.
Becoming rich is no different than achieving any other goal. Be very clear on how you will succeed and then dont stop, even when you reach your goal.
keep in mind that “rich” is not a destination, it is a state of being. A person who once had $0, and now has $500 million will most likely feel “rich”. And a person who once had $60 billion, and now has $500 million may not.